You can shop safely and securely with us on www.carvela.com. We use industry-standard secure sockets layer (ssl) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive details like your name and address and other critically sensitive details like your credit card number. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the event someone else intercepts it. The technology we use includes uses:
1) Authentication - this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that this server is secure.
2) Encryption - this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
3) Data integrity - this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
Here are the three ways we ensure your payments are secure:
1) All your card details are passed from your browser to Verifone using secure server software (ssl) encryption and Verifone use secure server software (ssl) encryption systems too.
2) For added security we use 3D secure payment providers for all Visa & Mastercard payments.
3) On final step of purchase, you will be redirected to a payment provider page.
STORED CARD SECURITY
For fast and easy payments, you can securely store credit card details with us. Your card details will be stored in My Carvela [LINK HERE] and once you have saved the card information, you can access and edit them from here.
The full card number will never be displayed, only the final 4 digits that enables you to select the correct one for your purchase.
The correct billing address will need to be selected for all stored credit cards. Please amend the saved billing address in the case of change of address.
We use SSL encryption technology to store and safely transmit your personal and credit card information through our systems. For your safety and protection, we confirm that the billing address you provide matches the address on file with your credit card company. Your details will not be shared with any third parties and you can safely check or remove stored credit card details from the My Cards section from within My Account.